lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bradford Stephens <>
Subject A Presentation on Building a Hadoop + Lucene System Architecture
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 03:50:31 GMT
Hey all,

I just wanted to send a link to a presentation I made on how my
company is building its entire core BI infrastructure around Hadoop,
HBase, Lucene, and more. It features a decent amount of practical
advice: from rules for approaching scalability problems, to why we
chose certain aspects of the Hadoop Ecosystem. Perhaps you can use it
as justification for their decisions, or as a jumping-off point to
utilizing it in the real world.

I hope you find it helpful! You can catch it at my blog: . There's also a few inflammatory
articles, such as "Social Media Kills the RDBMS".

Ask me if you have any questions :)

-- -- Making Hadoop and your web apps
that use it scale -- The Fringes of Scalability, Social
Media, and Computer Science

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message