lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extending Sort/FieldCache
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 03:31:01 GMT
Thanks a lot for the response !

I wanted to avoid two things:
* Writing the logic that invokes cache-refresh upon IndexReader reload.
* Write my own TopFieldCollector which uses this cache.

I guess I don't have any other choice by to write both of them, or try to
make TFC more "customizable" such that someone can pass in his own
FieldCachePQ. I'll start w/ my own version and if possible suggest an
extension to TFC.

Thanks again,
Shai