lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David de la Torre <torremar...@yahoo.es>
Subject "Read timed out" behind firewall - Ports closed? Loopback?
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:02:48 GMT
When running lucene, on a machine with a firewall, I got the following
error message, which I think it must be related to the firewall. In
fact, when I shut down the firewall, the error dissapears. It must be
something relating to the ports I have open. Lucene says it is running
in port 8875. Is this the only port to open? is it a UDP or TCP port ?
Could it also be related to the loopback?

100870 [XML-RPC-0] ERROR org.apache.xmlrpc.webserver.WebServer  - Read timed out
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:146)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:235)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:254)
	at
 org.apache.xmlrpc.webserver.Connection.readLine(Connection.java:195)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.webserver.Connection.getRequestConfig(Connection.java:126)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.webserver.Connection.run(Connection.java:171)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.util.ThreadPool$MyThread.runTask(ThreadPool.java:71)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.util.ThreadPool$MyThread.run(ThreadPool.java:87)