lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From N Hira <nh...@cognocys.com>
Subject Re: Searching doubt
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 16:34:34 GMT

Good summary, Shai.

I've missed some of this thread as well, but does anyone know what happened to the suggestion
about query manipulation?

e.g., query (about us) => query("about us", "aboutus")
    query(credit card) => query("credit card", "creditcard")

Regards,

-h

----- Original Message ----
From: Shai Erera <serera@gmail.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 10:31:46 AM
Subject: Re: Searching doubt

Hi Darren,

The question was, how given a string "aboutus" in a document, you can return
that document as a result to the query "about us" (note the space). So we're
mostly discussing how to detect and then break the word "aboutus" to two
words.

What you wrote though seems interesting as well, only I think not related to
Harig's original question. Maybe he'll be interested in that too though.

Shai