lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Shane <sha...@LEXUM.UMontreal.CA>
Subject Re: Is there a way to check for field "uniqueness" when indexing?
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:47:39 GMT
Humm... there is something I dont catch..

When you open up an index writer, you batch up add and deletes. Now if
you create a signature for the document, as long as you add it works,
but what happens if you delete stuff from the index using a query as
well as adding?

Does Solr also remember the deletions as well?

Daniel Shane