lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Why does this search succeed with web app, but not Luke?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:27:08 GMT
ohaya@cox.net wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Well, kind of... but...
>
> Then, why, when I do the search in Luke, do I get the results I cited:
>
> xxxx  ==> succeeds
>
> xxxx.yyy  ==> fails (no results)
>
> I guess that I've been assuming that the search in Luke is "correct" and I've been using
that to "test my understanding", but maybe that's an invalid assumption?

Luke has some bugs, that's for sure, but not as many as one would think
;) I recommend the following exercise:

* first, check what the "Rewritten" query looks like, in both cases.
This could be enlightening, because depending on the choice of default
field and query analyzer results could differ dramatically.

* then, if a query succeeds in matching one or more documents, open this
document and view its fields using "Reconstruct & edit", especially the
"Tokenized" version of the field. At this point any potential mismatch
in query terms vs. analyzed tokens in the field should become apparent.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><