lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <>
Subject Re: How to het the score in percentage
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:05:13 GMT
I'm not saying that calculating percentages is a bad thing *within a
absolutely right, users want some clue about how "good" a match
various items are.

But trying to compare percentages (scores) between *two different queries*
then trying to infer that there is some "better fit" based on that data
is where problems creep in.....