lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David de la Torre <torremar...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: "Read timed out" behind firewall - Ports closed? Loopback?
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:18:31 GMT
Dear Simon. Firstly thank you very much for your answer. I've been trying to debug this problem
for a while and I am a bit at a loss.

I am using lucene as search engine as included in a document management system called KnowledgeTree
(http://wiki.knowledgetree.com/Troubleshooting_the_Document_Indexer)

The authors of KnowledgeTree write that:

"KnowledgeTree uses a Java-based document indexing service that stores metadata in a Lucene
based search library.
When the document indexer is not running, metadata of documents
cannot be placed in the search library, thereby excluding it from
search results".
So it seems to me that the error could come from this "indexer" from KT or from java/lucene.
The only application I have running on Java at the moment is named KtLucene, which I call
on the console with: ">java -jar ktlucene.jar&"

I guess that the error comes therefore from KtLucene. And I supose that KTlucene calls Lucene
at a certain moment. Am I wrong? What I still don't know is if the error comes from lucene
itself or from the application - KTlucene.

>From your answer it seems that you believe that lucene is not the source of the problem.
I have to believe that it must come from KTlucene - the application -. If this is the case,
I will address the issue to the mailing lists of KnoledgeTree.
Thanks again for your help.