lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From xs2Abhishek <>
Subject Re: How to tune Analyzer for Text Extraction
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:33:31 GMT

Well you completely understood my problem:wistle:, the point you mentioned
about how much to extract after the word Location is something i'll have to
figure out. So lets say that the input to my system would be:-
Location : Montvale, NJ
Duration : 7 months
Now the problem is when the input changes to :-
located in Montvale,NJ... For a duration of 7 months

After reading about Lucene and some other API's like GATE as replied to this
post, i'd like to know that weather this kind of extraction is possible by
Lucene or not?
Ques2) I have been reading some documentation of Lucene but I could not
figure out a way to extract data from index. For e.g Lets say that I
successfully found the word "location" in an indexed document, but how can I
extract next 15 characters or some text after the word "location".

Thanks & Regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message