lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From xs2Abhishek <>
Subject How to tune Analyzer for Text Extraction
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:27:42 GMT

I am trying to make a decision on weather or not I can use Lucene for my
requirements, which mainly include data tagging. I have to be able to parse
or index a .txt file and then be able to extract text accordingly. For e.g
if the input document has some text like: "Location: New York" , so for this
input I should be able to extract "New York" if key word Location is
present. I am trying to learn about Lucene and looked into
"tokensFromAnalysis(analyzer, text)". But i'm still not sure how I could
extract data using lucene. Can I use queries to extract this piece of

Any help on this would be appreciated.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message