lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From bourne71 <gary...@live.com>
Subject Query Boosting
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:50:49 GMT

Hi,

I am fairly new to Lucene and have encounter a problem with the search
function i am trying to create using Lucene.  When I search, lets say "news
sharing", then the results return and display.

Its fine up to this point until I check the ranking. Some results, although
match only 1 of the 2 keywords, will have higher ranking. The problem is
like describe below:

Page 1
news - Total found 23
sharing - Total found 0

Page 2
news - Total found 1
sharing - Total found 21

This is understandable why Page 1 got better ranking, bcs it has more
keyword found. But this will make the results return to be less relevant

My current query is like the following:
(url:sharing^2.0 content:sharing title:sharing^1.5) (url:news^2.0
content:news title:news^1.5) url:"sharing news"~2147483647^2.0
content:"sharing news"~2147483647 title:"sharing news"~2147483647^1.5

Is there anyway I can add an additional query that will give an additional
boost to results that has both the keyword in it?