lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject StandardAnalyzer and Windows vs. Linux "path"
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 19:28:29 GMT
Hi,

I've been doing development of my indexer app, which uses StandardAnalyzer on a WIndows machine,
and today, I deployed an initial  onto a Redhat Linux (RHEL) machine.

On my development machine, I have the files that are being indexed in something like:

C:\lucene-devel\files\dir1\xxxxxxx.dat
C:\lucene-devel\files\dir1\dir2\yyyyyyyy.dat
etc.

As mentioned in an earlier thread, when I look at the resulting index on my development system,
at the "path" field, I get terms like:

xxxxxxxxxxx
yyyyyyyyyyy

When I deployed on RHEL today, the files are in:

/lucene-devel/files/dir1/xxxxxxxxx.dat
/lucene-devel/files/dir1/dir2/yyyyyyyyyy.dat

and, the index (using Luke) is showing:

dir1/xxxxxxx.dat
dir2/yyyyyyyy.dat

As best I can tell, what's appearing in the "path" field is:

<name_of_dir_above_file>/<filename>

vs. (on Windows):

<filename>

Is this difference because of the StandardAnalyzer processing of "\" for Windows vs. "/" for
RHEL?

Is there any way to compensate for this difference, so that when i do testing in my development
environment I get results that would reflect what happens on RHEL?

Thanks,
Jim