lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Why does this search succeed with web app, but not Luke?
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 20:03:47 GMT
Hi,

In my indexer app (based on the IndexFiles.java demo), I am adding the "path" field:

    doc.add(new Field("path", f.getPath(), Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.ANALYZED));

Per Luke, the full path (e.g., "c:\....\xxxx.yyy") gets parsed, and one of the terms (again,
per Luke) is "xxxx", i.e., the actual file name, but without the extension.

Then, when I search with Luke for "path:xxxx", that succeeds, as expected, and when I search
with Luke for "path:xxxx.yyy", that fails, as expected.

But, if I search using the demo web app, for "path:xxxx.yyy", it succeeds.

Since the Luke search for "path:xxxx.yyy" fails, I don't understand why the web app search
for "path:xxxx.yyy" would succeed?

Thanks,
Jim