lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Weird discrepancy with term counts vs. terms (off by 1)
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

I've noticed a kind of strange problem with term counts and actual terms.

Some background:  I wrote an app that creates an index, including a "path" field.

I am now working on an app (code was in the previous thread) that, as part of what it does,
needs to get a list of all of the "path" fields for documents that were added.

I first noticed the problem that I'm seeing while working on this latter app.  Basically,
what I noticed was that while I was adding 13 documents to the index, when I listed the "path"
terms, there were only 12 of them.

So then, I reviewed the index using Luke, and what I saw with that was that there were indeed
only 12 "path" terms (under "Term Count" on the left), but, when I clicked the "Show Top Terms"
in Luke, there were 13 terms listed by Luke.

At this point, I'm very puzzled about all of this :(...

Can anyone explain why the difference in Luke, and, more importantly, what I am only getting
12 (i.e., 1 less than the # of documents added) when I try to programmatically list the terms?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message