lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Matt Dufrasne <mdufra...@nvidia.com>
Subject Modifying a tokenized field entry
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 18:19:21 GMT
Let's assume I have an index structured as below

name

species

color

max

cat

grey

sam

dog

brown

lucy

cat

white

.

.

.

.

.

.

poe

dog

blond

joe

cat

red

pam

dog

brown

The species and color fields are tokenized, indexed and stored.

Now let's assume that I want to change the term cat to feline and dog to canine.

>From what I have been reading, I would have to delete each Document(row) and re-add it
with the new term.
Since the original cat and dog terms are Indexed, Tokenized and Stored, it seems like there
should be a way to update just the terms cat and dog to their new titles.

Is there already a way to do this? Did  I just miss it?