lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Laxmilal Menariya <>
Subject Taking too much time in optimization
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 07:23:17 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have created a sample application & indexing files properties, have index
appx 107K files.

I am getting OutofMemoryError after 100K while indexing,  got the cause from
MaxBuffereddocs=100K, but after that I am calling optimize() method, this is
taking too much time appx 12-HRS, and index size is more than 500GB, its too

I am using Lucene 2.4.0. Could some one please let me know what wrong with
my configuration.

My Configuration is :

      lucWriter = new IndexWriter("C:\\Laxmilal", new KeywordAnalyzer(),
      lucWriter.setMergeFactor((int) 1000);
      lucWriter.setMaxMergeDocs((int) 2147483647);
      lucWriter.setMaxBufferedDocs((int) 100000);

Laxmilal Menariya