lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Same field could be part of Query and filter
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 05:15:59 GMT
Any idea on this.Basically i require Filter of Filters.

I want a single field to be part of Filter and Query
Filter: User1@domain.com, User2@domain.com User3@domain.com
Query: User1@domain.com OR User1

My requirement a group admin of 3 Users could view only 3 members data and he should also
perform some search to retrieve data corresponds to any single User.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Regards
Ganesh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ganesh" <emailgane@yahoo.co.in>
To: <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 2:32 PM
Subject: Same field could be part of Query and filter

Hello all,

I am having a field UserID, for every record. The results will be filtered for every User
based on this field. We have a feature of group admin where a admin could view all records
of a set of Users. I could manage to do by filtering on the set of IDs.

I have doubt in the below scenerio:
When a admin of 3 Users want to view only one particular User records. In this case he may
give full UserID or some prefix. I need to use this field as part of Query and also Filter
will have 3 Users.
Filter: User1@domain.com, User2@domain.com User3@domain.com
Query: User1

Whether this approach will work fine? Is there any other better approach to handle this group
admin? Please note group members may change often and i cannot index group name or ID along
with the record.

Regards
Ganesh