lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Insuffient resources during optimize merge
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 16:32:37 GMT
Hey Carl,
do you have any anti-virus running on that machine by any chance?
If so could you try to turn it off and try again.

simon

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Carl Austin<Carl.austin@detica.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot to include that I am using lucene 2.4.0 and Java 1.5
>
> Thanks
>
> Carl

UNC paths and shared rather than local storage.  If that's not relevant it might help to
know what OS you are on, and versions of lucene and java.

> [...]
>>        at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler$MergeThread.run(Concu
>> rr
>> entMergeScheduler.java:260)
>> Exception in thread "Thread-12957887" java.lang.RuntimeException:
>> java.io.IOException: background merge hit exception: _cx:c3072736
>> _d8:c55434 _d9:c9791 _da:c10097 _dl:c54262 _dm:c4791 _dn:c4045
>> _do:c3643
>> _dp:c3197 into _dq [optimize]
>>        at a.b.c.d.e.f.ImportThread$ImportRunner.run(Unknown Source)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by:
>> java.io.IOException: background merge hit exception:
>> _cx:c3072736 _d8:c55434 _d9:c9791 _da:c10097 _dl:c54262 _dm:c4791
>> _dn:c4045 _do:c3643 _dp:c3197 into _dq [optimize]
>>        at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.optimize(IndexWriter.java:2258)
>>        at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.optimize(IndexWriter.java:2203)
>>        at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.optimize(IndexWriter.java:2183)
>>        ... 2 more
>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Insufficient system resources exist to
>> complete the requested service
>>        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readBytes(Native Method)
>>        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.read(Unknown Source)
>>        at
>> org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory$FSIndexInput.readInternal(FSDirect
>> or
>> y.java:596)
>>        at
>> org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readBytes(BufferedIndexInput.
>> java:136)
>>        at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileWriter.copyFile(CompoundFileWriter
>> .j
>> ava:228)
>>        at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileWriter.close(CompoundFileWriter.ja
>> va
>> :184)
>>        at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.createCompoundFile(SegmentMerger
>> .j
>> ava:204)
>>        at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeMiddle(IndexWriter.java:4260)
>>        at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.merge(IndexWriter.java:3877)
>>        at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler.doMerge(ConcurrentMer
>> ge
>> Scheduler.java:205)
>>        at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler$MergeThread.run(Concu
>> rr
>> entMergeScheduler.java:260)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Carl Austin

> This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
> Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised
signatory.  The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies within
the Detica Group Limited group of companies.

> Detica Group Limited is registered in England under No: 03328242.
>
> Registered offices: Warwick House, PO Box 87, Farnborough Aerospace Centre, Farnborough,
Hampshire, GU14 6YU, England.