lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From prashant ullegaddi <prashullega...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there any difference between using QueryParser and MultiFieldQueryParser when have single default search field ?
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:13:35 GMT
In MultiFieldQueryParser, you can mention different fields of the document
which can
be searched for

E.g. in contents of the document, if you index different fields such as URL,
BOLD, ITALIC, you can search over all of them.
Additionally, there is provision to boost a field over the other as well.

~
Prashant