lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mindaugas Žakšauskas <min...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backing up large indexes
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 14:13:13 GMT
This might be irrelevant, but have you considered using ZFS? This file
system is designed to do what you need. Assuming you can trigger
events at the time after you have updated the index, you would have to
trigger new ZFS snapshot and place it elsewhere.

This might have some side effects though (hint: fs I/O speed), either
positive or negative depending on your current setup.

Regards,
Mindaugas

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Alexandre Leopoldo
Gonçalves<a.l.goncalves@stela.org.br> wrote:
> <..>whether there is an efficient way to backup it taking into account only the
changes <..>