lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PageRanking with Lucene
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 02:56:13 GMT
I'd probably look at the function package in Lucene.  While the
document boost can be used, it may not give you the granularity you
need, as you only have something like 6 bits of representation.  Some
people have also done some things like a field with a single token
that contains a payload with the value in it.  Solr, for example, also
has a FunctionQuery capability that can use an external value source
(i.e. a File)

-Grant

On Jul 19, 2009, at 7:55 AM, prashant ullegaddi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have some 50M pages, and we also have computed PageRanks of those
> pages.
> What's the best way to combine lucene's score with PageRank?
>
> Regards,
> Prashant.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/