lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Multi Value field
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 19:03:48 GMT
> if the term is "X Y" the document 2 is getting higher score then
> document 1.

That may be length normalisation at play. Doc 2 is shorter so may be
seen as a better match for that reason.
Using the "explain" function helps illustrate the break down of scores
in matches.

You could try indexing that field without "norms" or use a custom
Similarity at query time to ignore the length normalisation factor.

Cheers
Mark