lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vinicius Carvalho <viniciusccarva...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Free software for language detection
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 00:37:25 GMT
You can also check google's language API: I'm writing a blog entry on this,
hope to post tomorrow:

http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxlanguage/documentation/reference.html

Here a snippet of it working: (Using Json Simple to decode:
http://code.google.com/p/json-simple/)

try {
            String s = URLEncoder.encode("Você sabe como implementar um
serviço", "UTF-8");
            URL url = new URL("
http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/services/language/detect?v=1.0&q="+s);
InputStreamReader(url.openStream()));
                String str;
                StringBuilder  buffer = new StringBuilder();
                while ((str = in.readLine()) != null) {
                    buffer.append(str);
                }
                in.close();
                JSONObject obj =
(JSONObject)JSONValue.parse(buffer.toString()).get("responseData");
                System.out.println(obj.get("language"));

        } catch (UnsupportedEncodingException e) {
            // TODO Auto-generated catch block
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
            // TODO Auto-generated catch block
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (IOException e) {

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 6:02 AM, Karl Wettin <karl.wettin@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can also look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1039that I've successfully
used for language detection of user queries.