lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: OOM with 2.9
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:39:31 GMT
I would not expect a 2.9 IndexReader to consume more RAM.  Was this
definitely the case?  (It wasn't just a matter of other processes
taking up RAM).  If so, we should drill in to understand the root
cause / regression.

One thing you can do in 2.9 is IndexReader.setDisableFakeNorms(true),
to prevent allocation of the "fake" byte[maxDoc()] norms array, to
save RAM.

Mike

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 7:22 AM, eks dev<eksdev@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
> We just upgraded to 2.9 and noticed some (to me) not expected OOM.
>
> We use MMapDirectory and after upgrade, on exactly the same Index/machine/jvm/params/setup...
we cannot start index as mapping screams "No memory"