lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From KK <dioxide.softw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using IN to retrieve data after lucene search.
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 06:15:23 GMT
store a field only if you want to retrieve the corresponding values i.e you
want them to be part of the search result, if you just want to use them to
search and you are not bothered about pulling the matched data out of the
index, there is no need to putting extra burden by storing them as well, in
this case indexing is enough,
as per your requirement I think just indexing is good enough...as you are
pulling the data from db...have a look here,

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/650643/lucene-indexing-store-and-indexing-modes-explained

for a all other details related to Lucene indexing you might go thru this as
well,

http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/03/18/exploring-lucenes-indexing-code-part-2/

HTH,
KK