lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to search "path"?
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:49:53 GMT
In contrast to your last question and reply, if you use

   doc.add(new Field("path", f.getPath(), Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.ANALYZED));

the path will get split into tokens which will include "myfile1" and
you will be able to search for it.

The key concept for both questions is analysis.  Lucene provides
various analyzers which do different things, and you can write your
own.

Or, call QueryParser.setAllowLeadingWildcard(true).  That has
performance implications on large indexes.

--
Ian.