lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Warmup queries
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 09:28:23 GMT
I think you should warm as much as possible: queries, filters, sorts,
whatever.  And I think that the warmup searches should match stuff
that is available in the index.  You'll get warming of internal lucene
structures and also OS disk IO cache.  Taking the last n queries
executed on the previous searcher can work well.

--
Ian.

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 6:26 AM, Ganesh<emailgane@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> When ever i reopen my index, I do some warm up queries.
>
> I have few fields which will be used as filter and few others using BooleanQuery. Currently
I am executing warm up queries for those fields which are part of Query and not part of Filter.

> My question is whether Warmup queries should include filter fields? Whether it will give
any benifit?

> In case of query field, I could give any text, I don't need to worry whether it is available
or not. If filter fields to be included, then i have to choose the search criteria which is
available in the index. Is that correct.