lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From eks dev <eks...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: speed of BooleanQueries on 2.9
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 19:36:40 GMT

> > How do you handle stop words in phrase queries?

ok, good point! You found another item for list of BADs... but not for me as we do not use
phrase Qs .... to be honest, I do not even know how they are implemented... but no, there
are no positions in such cache...

well, they remain slower (but they work!) the rest will be faster... with existing api...

It is maybe even possible somehow to speed them up with it, at the end of a day, even for
phrase queries, you need first to determine which document matches term... But as said, I
never looked into this part of code.

I guess one itch will be scratched, if there are no other "surprises" :)