lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lukas Michelbacher <>
Subject Re: Boolean retrieval
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 09:48:34 GMT
> Seems a long-winded way of producing a BooleanFilter but I guess you are trying to work
with user input in the form of query strings.

Yes I am. I had the same impression but I couldn't figure out a more
straightforward way.

> The bug in your code is that clause.getQuery().getString() is not producing terms that
are in your index - the first call to getTermsFilter passes the string  "+f1:aaa +f1:bbb"
which is not a term in the index.

OK, thanks. I'll have look at that.

> Given the requirement is to ignore scoring I would recommend (as someone else suggested)
looking at the method that takes a HitCollector and simply accumulate all
results, regardless of score.

I think that's what I'm going to end up doing. I was just curious to
know what was wrong with my initial approach.

Thanks for your comments.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message