lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From AHMET ARSLAN <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: $ or £ symbols are excluded from Search Query
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:28:52 GMT

> Within my own Application we seem to be using a custom
> Analyzer that sub classes Analyzer. What is the implication of switch the
> base class to WhitespaceAnalyzer?

You said that you can see those characters in the lucene index, right? If yes in query parsing
you can use the same custom analyzer that is used for indexing without problems. Because it
means that analyzer didn't eat those characters during indexing. I am hoping your fields are
analyzed/tokenized fields.

If you want to build an analyzer from scratch, Lucene in Action book say a lot about it.