lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Amin Mohammed-Coleman <ami...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 07:57:24 GMT
Hi

This question has probably been asked before so apologies for asking it
again.  Just to confirm that it is ok to use a single index writer in a web
application and only close that single instance on application shutdown?  As
the indexwriter is thread safe there is no need for any external
synchronisation.  Am I correct in thinking this?

I have configured via spring a single index writer which is used in the
application and I use the same one for adding and updating documents.  This
index writer is closed when the spring application context shutsdown.

Cheers
Amin