lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modifying score based on tf and slop
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 13:19:03 GMT
tf() is used, just not with the term freq - the length of the matching
Spans is used instead.

The terms from nested Spans will still affect the score (you still get
IDF), but term freq is substituted with matching Span length.

Also, boosts of nested Spans are ignored - only the top level boost is used.

Finally, SpanQuerys match non overlapping Spans, but by SpanQuery
definition of overlap - if the second Span starts one after the start of
the first Span, thats not considered overlap. If it starts before or at
the same position, thats overlap, and you won't see a match.

- Mark

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com