lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From eks dev <eks...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: OOM with 2.9
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2009 14:51:50 GMT

-Xms Xms were set to the same value
imo, the problem was to convince OS (Win XP) to map huge continuous block... there were no
jvm processes running at the same time, just this one... but after killing some desktop processes
and restarting machine it worked.

hmm,
MMapDirectory has support for chunking (Ineteger.MAX_VALUE) anyhow... maybe for such cases
this threshold can become user settable. I will try to experiment with it  (I am talking about
MMapDirectory -> private final int MAX_BBUF = Integer.MAX_VALUE;)

if that makes sense or not is just another question, using MMAP in such tight memory setup
where something like that has to be done is probably not really justified. On the other hand,
if I have free process memory I would like to use it to the max, it sounds naive to expect,
 this memory can be allocated in one continuous block...