lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: $ or £ symbols are excluded from Search Query
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:13:39 GMT
When you say "using Luke", you're also using a particular analyzer. I forget
which one Luke defaults to, but it may well be stripping out your
special characters.

It's all about your analyzer, and I'm 90% certain you're using one that
strips out these characters when *querying*. You can make Luke
use different analyzers, there's a drop-down that lets you select...

HTH
Erick