lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie to Lucene - Questions about features
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:10:23 GMT
It Depends (tm). The thing to understand is that Lucene is a search*engine*,
not an out-of-the-box product. There are products that do many
of the things you're asking about that are *built* with Lucene, but it's
a more complicated process than just installing it and twiddling
a few configurations.

Best
Erick