lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Bulk] RE: Exception at MultiSearcherThread.hits
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:08:43 GMT
Please don't hijack a thread, start a new topic. From Hossman:
http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

When you start the new thread, try to get answers to the following:
1> What's actually in your inedex? (get a copy of Luke)
2> what analyzer to you use for *indexing*?
3> I suspect you're stemming the indexing, but not the query. You
    need to use the same analyzer for both operations.

Best
Erick