lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Findsatish <findsat...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene for dynamic data retrieval
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:13:47 GMT

Hi All,
I am new to Lucene and I am working on a search application.

My application needs dynamic data retrieval from the database. That means,
based on my previous step output, I need to retrieve entries from the DB for
the next step.

For example, if my search query contains "Name" field entry, I need to
retrieve the "Designations" from the DB that are matched with the identified
"Name" in the query.
                    if there is no "Name" identified in the query, then I
need to retrieve ALL the "Designations" from the DB.

In the next step, if "Designation" is also identified in the query, then I
need to retrieve the "Departments" from the DB that are matched with this
"Designation".
                        if there is no "Designation" identified, then I need
to retrieve ALL the "Departments" from the DB.

Like this, there are around 6-7 steps, all are dependent on the previous
step output.

In this scenario, I would like to know whether I can use Lucene for creating
the index? If so, How can I use it?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Satish