lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From chandrakant k <chandraka...@gmail.com>
Subject Terms with negative boost should not contribute to coord()
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:37:35 GMT

I am firing a query having terms- each associated with a boost factor. Some
of the terms are having negative boost also (for negative boost I am using
values between 0 and 1).
The behaviour is that a document which has got more number of term matches,
scores high, the coord() factor contributes to the scoring substantially.
This happens even when terms with negative boosts are matched.

I am trying to implement a behaviour where  the coord factor should only
consider the terms with positive boost.
How should I proceed?. I would like some pointers regarding from where
should I start.

I was just wondering whether this should be the default behaviour- that
terms with negative boost should not contribute to coord factor.

Removing the terms with negative boost from the query gives good results
upto some extent; but for searches where terms with positive boost are
totally absent in documents, no results are returned.

Thanks in advance

Chandrakant K.