lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aditya R <>
Subject Using IN to retrieve data after lucene search.
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 05:22:45 GMT

Hi all,

I am new to lucene. In my sample application I have used lucene to index my
17 field db table. I have stored only the primary key of the table in lucene
index and indexed other 16 fields, without storing them. The primary keys of
the searched keyword is then retrieved. The primary key string is then
queried in the database like this
 'String quer="from Doctors where id IN "+primaryKeys;'  , where
'primaryKeys' will be something like this (23,32,44,56).
Is this the right way to use lucene? Or do you suggest me to store all the
fields in the lucene index and retrieve them.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message