lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dan OConnor <>
Subject RE: indexing 100GB of data
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 14:12:52 GMT
Hi Jamie,

I would appreciate if you could provide details on the hardware/OS you are running this system
on and what kind of search response time you are getting.

As well as how you add email data to your index.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamie []
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: indexing 100GB of data

HI There

We have lucene searching across several terabytes of email data and
there is no problem at all.

Shai Erera wrote:
> There shouldn't be a problem to search such index. It depends on the machine
> you use. If it's a strong enough machine, I don't think you should have any
> problems.
> But like I said, you can always try it out on your machine before you make a
> decision.
> Also, Lucene has a Benchmark package which includes some indexing and search
> algorithms through which you can test the performance on your machine.
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:30 AM, m.harig <> wrote:
>> Thanks Shai
>>           So there won't be problem when searching that kind of large index
>> . am i right?
>>           Can anyone tell me is it possible to use hadoop with lucene??
>> --
>> For additional commands, e-mail:

Stimulus Software - MailArchiva
Email Archiving And Compliance
USA Tel: +1-713-343-8824 ext 100
UK Tel: +44-20-80991035 ext 100
To receive MailArchiva Enterprise Edition product announcements, send a message to: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: