lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject RE: How to index IP addresses?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi,

Oh.  Ok, thanks!  I'll give that a try.

Jim

---- "Armasu wrote:
> [...]
into a String named "Info", I do:

> doc.add(new Field("contents", Info, Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.ANALYZED));
>
> From looking at the resulting index using Luke, it appears that I am getting terms for
the full IP address string (e.g., "aa.bb.cc.dd"), but I am also getting terms for each octet
of each IP address string, e.g.:

> aa
> bb
> cc
> dd
>
> I'm still just getting started with Lucene, but from the research that I've done, it
seems like Lucene is treating the "." in the dotted notation strings as "noise".  Is that
correct?

> If so, is there a way to get it not to do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Amazon Development Center (Romania) S.R.L. registered office: 37 Lazar Street, floor 5, Iasi,
Iasi County, Iasi 700049, Romania. Registered in Romania. Registration number J40/12967/2005.