lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject How to search "path"?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi,

I am working with a modified version of the demo IndexFiles.

In that code, when it builds the index, it has:

    doc.add(new Field("path", f.getPath(), Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED));

In Luke, I can see all the file paths in the "path" field.

I am also using the demo luceneweb web app (under Tomcat), and I've been trying to search
on the "path" field.

For example, if the "path" has something like:

C:\lucene\foo\myfile1.dat

Is there a way to search for the "myfile1"?

I tried something like:

*myfile1*

but I get an error, because it apparently doesn't like the "*" at the beginning of the query
string.

Thanks,
Jim