lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: New to Lucene - some questions about demo
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Ian and Matthew,

I've tried "foofoo", "summary:foofoo", "FooFoo", and "summary:FooFoo".  No results returned
for any of those :(.

Also, Matthew, I bounced Tomcat after running IndexFiles, so I don't think that's the problem
either :(...

I looked at the SearchFiles.java code, and it looks like it's literally using whatever query
string I'm entering (ditto for luceneweb).  Is there something with the query itself that
needs to be modified to support searching on the fields other than the "contents" field (recall,
I'm pretty sure that all those other fields are in the index, via Luke)?

Jim