lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From oh...@cox.net
Subject Re: ThreadedIndexWriter vs. IndexWriter
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 20:44:12 GMT
Hi,

Sorry to jump in, but I've been following this thread with interest
:)...

Am I misunderstanding your original observation, that
ThreadedIndexWriter produced smaller index?  Did the ThreadedIndexWriter
also finish faster (I'm assuming that it should)?

If the index is smaller, and everything else being good and equal,
doesn't that mean that using ThreadedIndexWriter is a good thing?

Anyway, aside from checking that the # of documents were the same, have
you looked at the index using something like Luke?  Does the contents of
the index look the same in both cases, or were they different?  If
different, how so (e.g., missing terms, etc.)?

Later,
Jim