lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Sorting field contating NULL values consumes field cache memory
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:12:43 GMT
I am doing sorting on DateTime with minute resolution. I am having 90 million of records and
sorting is consuming nearly 500 MB. 30% records are not part of primary result set and they
don't have sort field. But field cache memory (4 * IndexReader.maxDoc() * (# of different
fields actually used to sort)) is consumed eventhough 30% of records are not part of sort.

I want to avoid the 30% of records not to be loaded in field cache. How could i achieve this.
Any idea are greatly appreciated?

Regards
Ganesh