lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Alternative way to simulate sorting without doing actual sort
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 08:27:00 GMT
Hello all

I am sorting on datetime with minute resolution. It easily reaches the maximum heap size.
I am having almost 100M records and it is using 1.5 GB. I am now in a situitation to stop
sorting and to find some other alternative way.

I tried adding document boost and field boost for date time. document boost alone is not working.
document boost and field boost has impact on score. Search on datetime gives me the sorted
datetime results but search on any other field didn't works.

I am doing updates and it changes the doc id.. I want to get the results sorted by FIRST TIME
inserted order. Updates should not disturb the results set. I think Solr has some facilities
to get the list of recently added documents.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Regards
GaneshSend instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.yahoo.com