lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Read large size index
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:58:27 GMT
On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 2:55 PM, m.harig<m.harig@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Simon
>
>           I don't run any application on the tomcat , moreover i restarted
> it , am not doing any jobs except searching , we've a 500GB drive , we've
> indexed around 100,000 documents , it gives me around 1GB index . When i
> tried to search pdf i got the heap space error ,

bq.  Am running my application on tomcat 6.0 , i set java heap max as
256MB for tomcat , when i tried to search a query it just showing me heap
space error.
you don't run any app in tomcat?! I'm confused...

Sorry man if you can not provide any details about how you search and
what you do or stack traces it's very tough to give you any help or
advice.