lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: special Type of indexing
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:53:35 GMT
Hey there,
currently lucene offers several possibilities to do what you want.
1. Use payloads
you can encode arbitrary values per term you index and affect scoring
by overriding Similarity#scorePayloads.
2. use IndexReader#termPosition(term) inside a query
you can access the actual term position during scoring to change a
score of a document according to the terms position inside a
document.The returned TermDocuments provides you <document, frequency,
<position>* > for each document a term is contained in. To use this
for scoring you must write your own query or rather subclass an
existing one.

hope that helps.

simon