lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Delip Rao <delip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search fails every time
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2009 21:32:44 GMT
Thanks Simon & Grant.

Yes, the indexWriter was close()'d before searching. As Grant pointed out,
the issue really was with the Analyzer. Everything worked when I replaced
the KeywordAnalyzer with a SimpleAnalyzer.

Luke seems to be god-sent (no pun) -- With a KeywordAnalyzer, the entire
"content" field is stored as a blob of text even after adding it with
Field.Index.ANALYZED option while SimpleAnalyzer nicely lowercases and
tokenizes the text.

Cheers,
Delip