lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ye Minjiao <yeminj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: P2P Lucene
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 01:30:16 GMT
I guess sixearch might be the thing you are looking for...

http://sixearch.org/

Sixearch is a collaborative peer network application, which aims to address
the scalability and context limitations of centralized search engines and
also provides a complementary way for Web search.

 Sixearch uses the idea of modeling neighbor nodes by their content but
without assuming the presence of special directory hubs. As shown in Fig. 1,
each peer is both a (limited) directory hub and a content provider; it has
its own topical crawler guided by its user's information content and local
search engine. Peers communication is built on JXTA
<http://www.jxta.org/>platform . When a user submits a query, it is
first matched against the
local engine, and then routed to neighbor peers to obtain more results.
Ideally, the peer network should lead to the emergence of a clustered
topology by intelligent collaboration between the peers.
While traditional search engines such as Google and Yahoo provide access to
very large document collections, the Sixearch P2P Web search application
provides a complementary way for users to actively and collaboratively share
their own document collections. However, the Sixearch framework allows
traditional search engines to naturally be included as peers; such peers
would quickly emerge as reliable, trustworthy, and general authority nodes.

Ye Minjiao
eO0o.

George Bernard Shaw<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_bernard_shaw.html>
- "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the
support of Paul."

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 5:57 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com